Smart ENVE System SES 4.5 Clincher Wheelset
The New ENVE SES 4.5 Wheelset rounds out the Smart ENVE System wheel line as a true mid-depth race or everyday wheelset. The go to choice for Pro Tour ENVE teams, the SES 4.5 features a refined shape tested in the wind tunnel by Simon Smart and construction that yields better acceleration, cornering, impact resistance, and weight savings.
The SES (Smart ENVE System) is ENVE's flagship wheel lineup. Designed to be used in matched pairs, the front and rear rims have asymmetric profiles. The front being slightly shallower and wider than the rear. Each depth of SES wheels are specifically designed to maximize aerodynamics and stability based on rider weight and terrain. Handling and stability in particular is where SES wheels lead the industry. Instead of totally eliminating the buffeting (torque steer) that happens from a crosswind, they changed the way that the wheel interacts with it.
Another key design feature of ENVE SES rims is the molded braking surface and spoke holes/beds. This creates a seamless transition between rim and brake track. Getting rid of the small lip transitioning to the brake track maximizes aerodynamic efficiency. Along these same lines, the spoke holes and spoke beds are molded into the rims. This prevents the carbon fibers from being cut, resulting in a stronger rim and higher, more uniform spoke tension. ENVE backs these made in Utah rims with a five year warranty (non ENVE brake pads void warranty) from manufacturing defect and offers a lifetime crash replacement program.
The cross section of the 4.5 is unique to the current SES rims. The front rim is 48mm deep and 27mm wide, while the rear is 56mm deep and 25.5mm wide resulting in the widest and stiffest wheelset in the SES line.
- Exceptional mid-section, aerodynamic, lightweight UD carbon clincher wheels
- SES wind tunnel proven and patented aerodynamic rim shape, depth, and width
- Extremely stable handling
- Molded-in textured braking surface and spoke beds
- Rim width: Front 27mm, Rear 25.5mm
- Rim depth: Front 48mm, Rear 56mm
- Hubset: DT Swiss 240 Shimano/SRAM 9, 10, 11speed
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray or DT Aerolite
- Spoke count/lacing: Front 20h/radial, Rear 24h/2 cross
- ENVE specific brass inverted locking spoke nipples
- ENVE Titanium quick releases and brake pads included
- Weight: 1526 grams per set (clincher)
- Made in Utah, USA