SRM Power Control 8
With the brandnew SRM PC8, the German company offers a device that is focused entirely on the needs of athletes, and foregoes gimmicks. In addition to common values such as power, heart rate, speed, etc. - the Training Peaks metrics such TSS(r) (Training Stress Score(r)), NP(r) (Normalized Power(r)) and IF(r) (Intensity Factor(r)) are calculated, and the values are displayed. Also, location and content of the various data fields on the display is configurable.
Of course, the PC8 also has GPS (for recording) and is controlled by a light sensor backlight. The light as well as the GPS can be turned off in order to prolong battery life, which is between 10 and 45 hours.
The memory capacity is 500 MB, which can store data up to 4,000 hours of training. A built-in motion sensor turns the PC8 on automatically when riding.
Since many riders have several bikes with power meters, the PC8 supports up to four different bicycle profiles. Selecting the profile for the respective bike prior to departure eliminates the previously required pairing with the power meter.
The shell is made of anodized aluminum and can be custom personalized.
Charging and data transfer is accomplished using a magnetic plug. Training data is stored as a .fit(tm) file and can be analyzed using popular training software tools such as Golden Cheetah, Strava, and Training Peaks.
Data from power meter, speed sensor and heart rate monitor strap is received via the ANT+ protocol. The PC8 is compatible with all power meters that support ANT+.
* Compatible with all ANT+(tm) PowerMeters
* GPS Tracking
* Built-in Motion Sensor
* Barometric altimeter
* User-configurable display
* Display color invertible
* Auto backlight
* Up to seven training zones based on heart rate or power recordable
* Four bicycle profiles supported
* Display of TrainingPeaks(r) metrics TSS(r), IF(r), NP(r)
* Stores data in FIT(tm) file format
* Memory 500MB (4,000 Hours)
* Dimensions: Width 71mm, Height 63mm, Depth 20mm
* Weight: 93 grams
* Top Case Material: 6061 Aluminum
* Battery: 1300 mAh Li-Polymer
* Battery Run Time: 16 - 45 hours
* Standby Time: 3 Weeks
Colors: Black, Red, Titanium Anodized